Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 26, 2008

MOSQUITO IN THE NIGHT

I am peering into the celeinged sky

hunting for amosquito i thought flew by.

I want to smash the buzzing out of his life

and into the walls of my bitter knife.

I have heard the sound of the insect in my ear

hypnotizing and dizzying my eyes in fear.

That is no butterfly in beautiful flight

but a diseased dragon that i must fight

an enemy stuck in the borders of my room,

sucking the blood from my ancestors loom.

I want to smash his heartless body in a thud

and take back what little he's taken of my blood.

I crave revenge for my father, now under

For my mother's tears that wont make her sadder.

This merciless insect wont let me sleep

with his warrior songs piercing the night so deep.

His eerie chanting trails my eyes from texts and books

yet the song in my heart, only earns me pitiful looks.

When can i return under the safety of my mosquito net?

i tire of looking for mosquitos and begging fate.

There on the ground lays my butchered arm in my blurry sight


No comments: